Climate Change Lecture Reflection

Reflection on Climate Change

This week's lecture for Tuesday was super intriguing to me and very impactful. It sparked my anxiety for life. Growing up climate change and the effects of humans on the earth has been drilled into my education. I’ve been taught if the consequences of our actions in every science class I’ve ever taken...whether it be botany, oceanology, environmental science, and so on. Although this lecture was informational I still felt helpless. I recycle and try to live an eco-friendly lifestyle but I feel that we should be turning to the bigger Industries and company’s creating more and actually impactful pollution. We create these artificial environments that have consequences! Whether it be forestation, mining, extraction, and more we HAVE planetary boundaries. We only have one earth and it is crucial that we don’t take advantage of it. Our biggest issue in my eyes through climate change is the doing sea levels...which root from ice caps melting. If our ice caps continue to melt then we have this lack of albedo that would’ve helped us to regulate and eventually reverse climate change (or rising sea levels more specifically). This morning the Washington Post posted a picture of the digital clock they put up in Times Square that counts down the years to an irreversible climate change. 7 years...7 years is all we have left to save the planet and save our lives. Our next steps are incredibly crucial and this is an issue I feel strongly about. How could you not? I stress my peers to do their research, create a more eco-friendly lifestyle because for us we don’t have much time!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Humans...

Scientific Method Infographic

Let's Jam with Google Jamboard