A Farewell...

 

Final Reflection

Science Methods Course Reflection


This semester has been nothing but chaos, yes I am not only referring to our world but our classes as well. I understand the struggle many of my teachers were going through trying to master virtual tools while administering them as if they have known them for years. These trying times forced everyone to take a step back and look at things in a new light. This course has made me view virtual teaching in a new light. I have learned about so many digital resources and methods that I most likely would not have known about without coivd19. Below I want to break up my learning into three categories: Course Gainings, Personal Growth, and Professional Growth. 

Course Gainings: 
From reading and reflecting on our textbook I have learned so much about teaching children science: A discovery approach, the methods of teaching it, and even the reasons for teaching it. Prior to this course and reading and learning all that I have I did not really like science or think it was the most important subject in school. After taking the time to reflect on some chapters and dive deeper into the concepts and methods I began to realize the sheer significance. 

Personal Growth: 
I feel like this semester I have taken on more of a leadership role than I normally would. Having a background and interest in technology has made me a go-to girl in class when there are questions. This dependency in some areas has instilled great confidence in my intelligence and leadership skills. I feel like since I was helping my peers and professor more I was mastering certain tools more as I went on through the course. Regardless of this opportunity to step up in class, all the educational technologies we have used this semester have made me more confident in teaching a virtual class if need be, which in today's time is crucial. 

Professional Growth: 
This course has enhanced my professional growth greatly. I have not only learned how to teach in three methods (DI, IB, CL) but I have learned to do so in a group. Collaboration and cooperation are key in any field you aspire to go into and this semester has provided me with so much experience with that. I have also learned more about what it takes and the efforts that go into a single lesson for our learners. This attention to detail and purposefulness will only benefit me in the years to come as I begin to hone in on my teaching strategies and skills.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Humans...

Scientific Method Infographic

Let's Jam with Google Jamboard