Science Inquiry study

 Science Inquiry 

ENGAGE

  • Science literacy gives you an understanding and empowers you
  • Asking questions and doing research is key, you never want to believe someone blindy 
  •  We are susceptable to self delusion (we want to be indepenednt from out emotional state) 
  •  Innovation in science and technology allows nations to rise 
  •  Understanding what is going on in science is key 
  • Engage - Students should be making connections between past and present learning as well as anticipating outcomes 
  •  Explore - Enviroment and activity manipulation of materials, identifying processes/concepts/skills 
  •  Explain - Verbalizing new concepts, introductory terms and definitions 
  •  Elaborate - Practice new skills and concepts to gain mastery 
  •  Evaluation - Teachers and students asses understanding 

While listening to Neil Degrasse Tyson on Science  my eyes were opened on the matter of science literacy and just how important it is in life. Below are some of the points I wanted to rememebr: 

After reading the article Why Sciencetist do Science article, if I had to write an essay on my scientific self I would write it on being a woman in stem (specifically technology). I would write about how my mother who is a Senior Technical Member at Verizon inspired me to go into the technology field and how defining the odds fuels me to continue my studies in the stem field. 

EXPLORE 

After reading the Inqury-Based Learning article I learned about how many forms of inquiry are in inquiry based classes. The four forms of inquiry I learned about include: Confirmation, Structured, Guided and Open. Inquiry based learning relies on the idea that individuals are able to learn by doing or investigating, also known as Discovery Learning. I as an individual learn best by hands on work so Discovery based learning methods are what I prefer. Followed by this article on Inquiry Based learning I got to take a deeper dive into Discovery Learning  In this article we learned that Piaget, Jerome Bruner established the constructive learning theory. Lastly, we looked at our 5E's learning cycle. Now our 5E's (Enange, Explore, Explain, Elaborate, Evaluate) is an instructional design model based on experiential learning philosphy (established by John Dewey). 

EXPLAIN

In the video 5E Lesson Model and Planning 5E Learning Cycle Model I learned more about the 5E's and how to use them when designing instruction for my class. Following the 5E's is similar to how scientist think as well as follows the natural way we solve our everyday life problems. To go into more detial of what each E entails see below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Humans...

Scientific Method Infographic

Let's Jam with Google Jamboard